Southcrete™ Aqua Clear 100% Acrylic Paver Sealer / Finish
Southcrete™ Aqua Clear 100% Acrylic Paver Sealer/Finish is a high-performance, two-part clear sealer and finisher that delivers unparalleled protection for pavers, decorative concrete, floors, walkways, and other painted surfaces. The hard crystal clear film will withstand heavy use from vehicles and commercial traffic. It is resistant to most solvents and chemicals. Southcrete™ Aqua Clear 100% Acrylic Paver Sealer/Finish enhances the color of pavers and decorative concrete, and will not yellow. Ideal for interior and exterior use.
- Durable Gloss Finish
- Withstands Heavy Traffic
- Abrasion Resistant
- Chemical Resistant
- High Performance
- Excellent UV Resistance
- Easy To Apply
- Not for use over glazed tile or stone.
- Not for immersion service or below grade substrates.
- Not for highly corrosive or chemical environments.
- Not for areas subject to intense heat.
The entire surface area to be painted should be clean, dry, sound, and free from dirt, grease, oils, waxes, mildew, and any other surface contaminants that may adversely affect the performance of this coating material.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES
Remove any loose, scaling, cracked or peeling paint from previously painted surfaces by hand scraping, sanding, wire brushing, or by power tool cleaning methods, such as electric sanders or grinders, et cetera. Sand all rough paint edges smooth to adjacent surface area. Sand all glossy surfaces to dull existing finish. Spot prime all bare surface areas with the same primer material and allow to thoroughly dry before applying finish coatings.
Repair/replace any damaged and/or delaminated surface areas with the proper recommended patching and/or building materials. Allow patching materials to dry thoroughly before application of paint coatings.
NEW OR BARE PAVERS, MASONRY, AND CONCRETE
All new concrete and masonry surfaces should be allowed to properly dry/cure for approximately thirty (30) to forty-five (45) days, in accordance with industry standards. The surface should be tested for pH and alkali levels and should not read higher than 8.5 – 10.0 level. Clean surfaces thoroughly with SGM Oil and Grease Remover to remove contaminants such as oil, grease, vegetable oils, or animal fats. Remove efflorescence from pavers, concrete, and stone surfaces using Southcrete™ Masonry Cleaner and Efflorescence Remover. The surface area to be painted should be porous. Dense, non-porous concrete surfaces must be properly acid-etched with muriatic acid mixed with water, three (3) parts water to one (1) part acid. Rinse the surface thoroughly with clean water. Allow 24 hours to dry thoroughly.
Surface areas affected by mildew should be treated with a commercial mildew removal and/or wash product carefully following the manufacturer’s application and safety directions. Rinse thoroughly with clean water, and allow a minimum of 24 hours to dry thoroughly.
- NOTE: This finish may become slippery when wet. Therefore, when used on horizontal surfaces, such as floors, patios, or any floor area exposed to moisture, the use of a non-skid additive is recommended, such as SGM Skid Guard Non-Skid Additive.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how you can protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-5323 (1-800-424-LEAD), or log onto www.epa.gov/lead.
This coating is a two-component formula, packaged in kits, that requires Part A and Part B to be mixed together thoroughly. Part A is short-filled. Mix Part A prior to adding Part B. Keep Part A under agitation and slowly add Part B until the entire contents are mixed together. Mix the catalyzed material at low speed for two (2) to three (3) minutes using a power mixer with a Jiffy Mixer attachment. Do not mix too fast or whip air into the material.
INDUCTION TIME AND POT LIFE
This product does not require an induction time. Once mixed, the product is ready to use. Usable pot life is five (5) to six (6) at 77°F (77 degrees Fahrenheit). Higher temperatures will shorten the pot life. Do not mix more material than can be used during the usable pot life. Do not leave mixed material in spray equipment. Do not re-lid mixed products.
DILUTION FOR USE
This product may be used full strength (without thinning) or it may be diluted as much as 1 part mixed coating to 2 parts water. Higher rates of thinning will lower film build and gloss. Typical dilution rates and uses are as follows.
- Brick Pavers with Sand Joints: Apply the first coat diluted 1 part mixed material to 2 parts water. Additional coats should be applied at a 1:1 dilution rate (i.e. 1 gallon mixed material to 1-gallon water).
- Acid Stained, Stamped, and Acrylic Overlay Concrete: Apply the first coat diluted 1 part mixed material to 1 part water. Additional coats should be applied at full strength (no dilution).
- Painted Surfaces: Apply at full strength (no dilution).
- Brush Application: Apply using a quality nylon, polyester, or combination nylon/polyester bristle brush.
- Roller Application: For pavers and rough surfaces, apply using a ¾ inch – one (1) inch nap synthetic or lamb’s wool roller cover, depending on the texture and surface porosity. Use a short nap (¼ inch) cover when coating previously painted surfaces.
- Pump-Up / Continuous Spray: Apply using a quality continuous use pump-up sprayer is ideal for this finish. When sealing surfaces with a sprayer, back-rolling is required to achieve a uniform finish.
- Airless Spray Application:
- Pump: Gas or Electric Airless
- Sprayer Pressure: Minimum 2000 PSI Tip: 0.013 – 0.0150
- Reversible tip Hose: ¼ inch (6.3 mm) – ½ inch (10 mm)
- Pavers and Porous Concrete: 200 – 300 SFPG
- Smooth & Sealed Surfaces: 350 – 450 SFPG
- NOTE: Coverage will vary significantly depending on the method of application, surface porosity and condition of the surface.
RECOMMENDED MIL FILM
- Wet: 3.0 – 4.0 mils
- Dry: 1.2 – 1.6 mils
Up to one (1) year unopened.
PRECAUTIONARY AND SAFETY INFORMATION
Avoid prolonged contact with skin, and breathing of dust, vapors and/or spray mists. Causes eye irritation. USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. May be slippery when wet. Ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye water, headache or dizziness, or if air monitoring demonstrates vapor/mist levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriately fitted NIOSH-approved respirator, during and after application. Follow respirator manufacturer’s directions for respirator use. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Use chemical safety glasses, goggles, or a face shield for proper eye protection. Wash thoroughly after handling and before eating or smoking. Close container after each use. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with plenty of warm soapy water. For eye contact, flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention immediately. If you experience difficulty breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical attention immediately. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting, get medical attention immediately. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
The manufacturer warrants our products to meet the application, appearance, and performance properties stated on the label. This Limited Warranty shall not apply to any defect or damage resulting from improper surface preparation, structural defects, failure of a previous paint, or improper application of the coating, as described in the directions on the label of this container. If this product is found not to perform as specified, the manufacturer will, at its option and upon presentation of proof-of-purchase (the original receipt), either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the original purchase price of this product to you. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED BY THE MANUFACTURER, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.