Pool and Spa Finish Warranty Terms
Pool and Spa Finish Warranty Terms
SGM Limited Warranty
Southern Grouts & Mortars, Inc. (herein referred to as SGM), warrants its product solely against material failure from the date of installation for a period of 1 year. In the event of material failure, SGM’s sole liability shall be, upon SGM’s verification, to provide the materials necessary to repair the area of failure only. It is understood that some cosmetic variation may result in connection with installation of the material upon repair. EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING WARRANTY, THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BEING MADE HEREUNDER BY SGM, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND REDHIBITION.
Customer will acquire an extended warranty on the same terms as set out above by successfully completion and retention of this on line warranty form. In the event of material failure, SGM’s sole liability shall be, upon SGM’s verification, to provide the materials necessary to repair the area of failure only, calculated as a pro-rated percentage of the warranty service life. The extended warranty for Diamond Brite (see exceptions below), Diamond Brite Jewels, Diamond Brilliance and River Rok finishes is 10 year Residential or 5 year Commercial. The extended warranty for Diamond Brite Premium White is 10 year Residential and 10 year Commercial. The extended warranty for Durazzo, Ultra Pearl Brite and Diamond Brite Summer Blue or Atlantic Blue finishes is 5 year Residential only.
SPECIFIC LIMITATIONS TO LIMITED WARRANTY
ITEMS SPECIFICALLY NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- This limited warranty shall not cover damages due to faulty workmanship.
- Warranty shall not cover labor for warranty repair.
- Pool finishes that have been physically damaged or faded, or through lack of proper water chemistry balancing, chemical abuses, or sanitation applications. Pool chemistry must be tested and documented monthly by a reputable company using a computerized system. Monthly printed reports are required as documentation to initiate a warranty claim and failure to obtain monthly water chemistry records shall void this warranty. REFER TO THE INITIAL FILL, BALANCING for OPTIMUM POOL and SPA WATER CHEMISTRY CONDITIONS. In addition this limited warranty shall not apply to damage due to structural failure, or physical abuse to the pool.
- Delamination, surface check cracking, cracks caused by structural defect or damage, or draining of the pool.
- Naturally occurring color variation, staining, mottling and hydration.
- Damage caused either directly or indirectly by an act of God, including any natural disaster such as hurricane, earthquake, tornado, flood, lightning, hail, fire or any abnormal deterioration due to any cause including and without limitation to plant or animal life.
- Damage due to act or acts of negligence, misuse, abuse, vandalism, war or civil disobedience.
- SGM shall not be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitations, water and chemical replacement, and loss of use of the pool. In addition, minor surface checking, “crazing”, and/or cracks are not covered by this warranty. This finish is not structural.
- Misuse of the product and/or improper installation or installation outside a body of water, or use in applications for which it was not intended, including but not limited to negative edges, dam walls, beach entries, rolled bond beams, spillways and waterfalls.
- Damage related to freezing and thawing, which includes cracking, delamination and aggregate loss.
- Warranty is not valid unless the applicator has been paid in full.
- Warranty is not valid unless this registration is completed in full and within thirty (30) days of installation. At SGM’s discretion, proof of purchase and use may be required as a condition of this warranty.
- Warranty is valid only in the Continental United States and is non-transferable from the original pool owner listed above.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SGM BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES UNDER TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF USE) EVEN IF SGM SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME. SGM’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE TO SUPPLY THE MATERIALS NECESSARY TO REPAIR THE AREA OF FAILURE.
It is acknowledged and understood that:
Some loss of aggregate is to be expected, especially in a new installation, and is not a defect. SGM pool finishes are applied and finished completely by hand, resulting in variations in color, shade, tone, texture and overall appearance of the pool finish. These variations are a featured characteristic of the “natural look” of the product, and in no way constitute a defect. Pool color is influenced by many factors: size, shape, depth, lighting conditions, local surroundings, application technique, and small color differences between batches all affect color perception. Color may also be affected by failure to maintain proper pool chemistry. Therefore, colored plasters or pigmented finishes are not warrantied with regard to color. When resurfacing over existing finishes SGM Bond Kote System must be applied. SGM does not warranty its products when applied of any other bonding material. Where the existing finish is first removed via sandblasting or chipping, Bond Kote may not be required.
Our material is tested and certified by independent laboratories. All data is given in good faith however we reserve the right to change products and specifications without notice. SGM advises interested parties to satisfy themselves as to accuracy of any data and to seek certification if appropriate.
INITIAL FILL and BALANCING, & OPTIMUM POOL and SPA WATER CHEMISTRY CONDITIONS
In accordance with the National Plasterers Council, Inc. (“NPC”) standards, it is recommended that the following pool and spa water chemistry conditions be maintained on an ongoing basis for the longevity of the interior pool and spa finish. These values are important to prevent corrosion, deterioration, discoloration, scaling or other problems. For more information refer to your local agency having jurisdiction or NPC.
Follow recommended fill and balancing procedures to ensure a successful start-up. Fill pool completely and without interruption with clean, potable water. The use of a filter during fill is strongly recommended. The initial fill water is the most important water that the pool will receive and must be tested, recorded and adjusted according to the following parameters by an experienced pool professional. For the first thirty days (30) the pH and alkalinity must be monitored and adjusted (if applicable) every three (3) to five (5) days. All other chemicals monitored and adjusted (if applicable) every seven (7) to ten (10) days. The pool water must be tested regularly and documented monthly by a reputable company using a computerized system. Monitoring the pool water regularly will not only affect the new finish but will keep it looking new. Improper water chemistry will void the limited residential / commercial warranty. It is recommended that a quality sequestering agent be used in the initial start-up in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and then a recommended maintenance dosage per the sequestering agent’s manufacturer instructions.
Add sequestering agent upon initial fill per manufacturer’s instructions. Adjust pH to 7.2 – 7.6 and total alkalinity to 80 -120 PPM. Maintain calcium hardness at a minimum of 125 PPM for the first three days, then adjust to 200-400 PPM thereafter. Dissolve chemicals completely in water and disperse throughout pool.
Record pH, total alkalinity, calcium hardness and temperature levels. Adjust pH to 7.4 – 7.6 and total alkalinity to 80-120 PPM. Dissolve all chemicals completely in water before adding to pool, and allow sufficient time for each chemical to be fully dispersed before adding other chemicals. DO NOT ADD CHLORINE. Brush entire surface twice daily for the first three (3) days.
Repeat steps from Second Day. Adjust chemistry to the following levels:
- Free Chlorine: 1.0 – 3.0 PPM
- pH: 7.4 -7.6
- Total Alkalinity: 80 -120 PPM
- Calcium Hardness: 200 – 400 PPM
- Stabilizer: 30 – 60 PPM
Adjust circulating pump timer to normal operating hours. Brush the pool walls and floor daily for the first two (2) weeks. Do not vacuum pool with wheeled vacuum for 14 days. Putting a wheel cleaner in the pool prematurely can cause wheel marks/ tracks to show up on the pool finish. Do not install an automatic pool cleaner for 28 days. No salt should be added for 28 days. Please make sure the water pH and alkalinity is balanced prior to the use of salt chlorine generators.
DAILY WATER CHEMISTRY AFTER 28 DAYS
Maintain the water chemistry using the Langelier Saturation Index (LSI) maintained between 0.0 and +0.3.
|Description||Pool & Spa Water Levels|
|Free Chlorine – Above 4.0 PPM may cause corrosion||1 to 3 PPM|
|Total Chlorine||1 to 3 PPM|
|pH||7.4 to 7.6|
|Alkalinity||80 to 120 PPM|
|Calcium Hardness||200 to 400 PPM|
|Cyanuric Acid||50 to 80 PPM|
|TDS||300 to 1800 PPM (Non-Salt Pools)|
|Salt Level||2500 to 3500 PPM (Salt Chlorination ONLY)|
This warranty constitutes the sole and only warranty being made by SGM and may not be altered, modified or changed except by a written instrument signed by the President of SGM. No oral representation, warranty or promise may be relied upon by any person in making a warranty claim hereunder.
For any valid claim presented under warranty; SGM, Inc. will provide the owner with a standard remedy. For any claim that is not valid, owner will pay SGM, Inc. reasonable charges, including travel and labor, associated with investigation of such claim.
LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURES
To initiate a limited warranty claim, notify SGM in writing describing the complaint and photocopies (do NOT send originals) of the warranty as completed at the time of the application, copies of the monthly (or more frequent) results of water chemistry records analyzed by a commercial water chemical retailer and by certified mail to:
SGM, INC., PRODUCT WARRANTY DIVISION:
1502 S.W. 2ND PLACE,
POMPANO BEACH, FLORIDA 33069
Any and all controversies, claims or disputes arising out of or relating to the terms and conditions of this warranty shall be settled by binding arbitration, conducted in Broward County, Florida under the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
Valid only in the Continental United States. Warranty is Non-Transferable.